Brian's Pride is a team dedicated to raising money for
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
JDRF is the #1 non-profit supporter of diabetes research worldwide. The "Walk to Cure Diabetes" is our largest fund raising event. 93% of all the money raised by Brian's Pride goes directly toward research to find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes.
JDRF is making tremendous strides in type one diabetes (T1D) research because of donations from people like those of us in Brian's Pride. The investments we've made in T1D research gives us a clear vision for the future: a world without T1D. In this world:
- An intelligent pump eliminates dangerous high and low blood sugar
- A single daily injection maintains tight control with no carb counting
- T1D patients live insulin free for up to 24 months
- Parents and loved ones can relax without having to worry about the effects and complications that can accompany T1D.
- There is no carb counting, no injections, no testing…no T1D
JDRF, with the help of Brian's Pride, isn't just imagining such a future. We're making it happen. JDRF is the only global organization with a strategic plan to bring a continuous flow of life-changing therapies and, ultimately, a cure for T1D.
Achieving this vision, will require substantial annual investments to reach our goal of living in a time when T1D is spoken about in the past tense, like polio and smallpox. The path to a cure is an expensive one and will take more than the $530 million JDRF has at work around the globe today. But with teams like ours we will achieve our goal.
As parents of a son with T1D, this is the opposite of The Godfather.
This isn't business. This is personal.
Thank you for joining us in our fight.
What would you like to do? I want to: